Giacomo Buonanno is full professor of Information Processing Systems at the School of Engineering of the Università Carlo Cattaneo – LIUC.
He participated to various research projects funded by regional, national, and European agencies, private and/or public companies and government partners.
He has published articles in journals such as Journal of Enterprise Information Management, International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJITM), IEEE Transactions on Computer, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. He teaches in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems and his current research interests include Smart Cities and Smart Communities, RFId adoption in Logistics and Production Management, Information System and ICT impact in SMEs with particular focus on Digital Design and Modeling.
He is member of the IEEE and the IEEE Computer Society.
- Since 01.06.12 – President of Fondazione Galleria d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea “Silvio Zanella”, entity in charge of Museum MA*GA in Gallarate (www.museomaga.it).
- Since 01.11.03 – Member of the Board of Directors of the Università Carlo Cattaneo – LIUC.
- Since 01.11.03 – Member of the Scientific Board of the Centro Volta in Como (www.centrovolta.it).
- Since 01.11.01 – Full Professor at Università Carlo Cattaneo – LIUC.
- From 12.09.08 to 21.04.13 – Member of the Board of Directors of the Museo dell’Aeronautica (www.museoaeronautica.it).
- From 01.11.03 to 25.05.12 – Dean of the Faculty of Engineering of the Università Carlo Cattaneo – LIUC.
- From 01.11.98 to 31.10.01 – Associate Professor at Università Carlo Cattaneo – LIUC.
- From 01.10.93 to 31.10.98 – Assistant Professor (“Ricercatore”) at Politecnico di Milano.
Contact and further information
Role in the DiDIY Project
Cooperates mainly on WP2, "Creating and maintaining a shared knowledge framework on DiDIY" and WP3, "Analysing how DiDIY is reshaping organization and work".